- 6 cups assorted baby greens
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 4 oz. feta cheese
- ¼ cup basil, sliced
- 18 Calamata olives
- 1 red onion, sliced ¼-inch thick
- 2 green zucchini, sliced ¼-inch thick
- 2 yellow squash, sliced ¼-inch thick
- 1 eggplant, sliced ¼-inch thick
- 1 red pepper, sliced ¼-inch thick
- Olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
1 shallot, diced
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
½ cup olive oil
Salt and fresh ground pepper
Prepare the vinaigrette by combining the vinegar with the chopped shallot in a bowl. Slowly add the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Season the squash, eggplant, peppers and onion with salt and pepper. Brush with olive oil and grill over a hot fire.
In a bowl, combine the salad greens, tomato, cucumber and crumbled feta. Toss with just enough vinaigrette to coat the salad. Divide the salad onto six chilled plates. Arrange the grilled vegetables atop the greens of each plate and garnish with olives.
» California Recipes