- 2 cups wild rice
- 1 cup green onion, white & green parts; finely chopped
- 1 cup julienne sweet peppers (the more colors the better)
- 1/2 cup red radish, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup tarragon, fresh, leaves only
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
A few carefully separated radicchio leaves; optional (romaine leaves may be substituted)
1/4 cup rice vinegar - Japanese, seasoned
1/4 cup pure sesame seed oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
Bring to a boil 2 quarts lightly salted water and add the wild rice. Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered until about a third of the grains have burst open, about 45 minutes. Time varies. At this point it should be tender and chewy.
Drain and spread out the rice on a sheet pan and cool in refrigerator.
In a large salad bowl, toss the first 5 ingredients with 3/4 cup of the dressing. Line a serving platter or bowl with radicchio leaves.
Spoon the salad into the center and garnish with the toasted almonds.
» California Recipes