- 8 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 pound cappellini or spaghettini pasta
- 8 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 6 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil
- Julienned basil or Italian parsley
- Grated asiago cheese
- Freshly ground pepper
In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium high heat and saute the garlic briefly. Don't allow to brown. Set aside.
In 6 quarts of lightly salted boiling water, cook the pasta, al dente. (Pasta may be cooked ahead, shocked in cold water and reheated just before serving.)
Drain. Toss the pasta in the garlic-oil mixture and divide it among four heated serving plates. Crumble the goat cheese and sprinkle it on the pasta.
Divide sun-dried tomatoes among the plates and garnish with basil or parsley.
A little grated asiago cheese and black pepper completes the dish. Serve immediately.
» California Recipes